Hello, River City!
Welcome to the Sacramento Daily Patch newsletter! This is where you’ll find all the best news and events happening in Sacramento for Tuesday July 6, 2021!
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Clear all day. High: 90 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories today in Sacramento:
- At least 80 the firefighters intervened after a mattress business bus caught Fire Sunday afternoon. It happened in the 1400 block of 14th Avenue in the Oaks Park area and led to a temporary road closure. (KCRA3)
- This house fire is an edifying tale that even safe and healthy fireworks still present risks. These legal fireworks apparently weren’t properly soaked before being thrown and they then ignited and damaged a South of Sacramento home. (CBS Sacramento)
- Elk Grove Unified and City of Sacramento Unified school districts have two of the highest rates of black students suspension in the state, and both have proportionately much higher rates of black student suspension than white student suspension. School districts and Sacramento County Board of Education said they were aware of the problem and had measures in place to try to reduce the number of black suspensions. Dr J. Luke Wood works with them to help understand and mitigate issues of bias. (The Observer)
- Rethinking ice cream recently moved its head office to Sacramento. This ice cream company focuses on making creams, rich, better for you ice cream with all natural ingredients. Their frozen treats are dairy-free, diabetic-friendly, Keto-friendly, and gluten-free. You can get some of this creamy goodness at several local stores. (FOX40)
- A detained who has been assigned to a fight against the fire the crew stole the fire truck and went on a stroll in El Dorado County on Sunday. The inmate was helping with a wildfire that was started by illegal fireworks when he decided to take off in the flashy ride. He finally came to rest in a ditch totaling the vehicle. I’m pretty sure this guy is going back to slammer with little chance of doing the fire department again. (KCRA3)
Today’s Sacramento Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – check out their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up the local news in Sacramento!
Tuesday’s events in Sacramento
- Learn to paint nature by watercolors to this course organized by the Crocker Art Museum. This course is intended for beginners and will focus on multiple aspects of watercolor, including color theory and mixing. (10:30 am)
- Monday was a public holiday, so with only 4 days to do 5 days of work, maybe fast reading will help! Take this 1 hour lesson to improve reading speed and comprehension. (11:00)
- Van Goghs paints look like if he drank a glass or two of wine before he started … so maybe this technique will work for you too! Try it at SON where you’ll paint and sip your very own Van Gogh. (4 p.m.)
- Rejoin STAB Comedy Theater for the Obscure Film Film Trivia Show. If you know your movies, or are a little funny, this contest is for you! (8 p.m.)
- Maybe you’re more than funny at a distance. Maybe you are insanely funny! If so, test your skills at The open mic at the Comedy Spot night. Or, register as spectator and make fun of your friend who thinks he is very funny. (8 p.m.)
- Check flashs that the weather service saw over Sacramento on Sunday evening. This time they don’t clear up. They are fireworks! (Facebook)
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Tuesday! I’ll catch up with you early tomorrow with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Jeri karges
About me: Jeri Karges has lived and loved the Sacramento area for over 30 years. His passion is to find new and unique ways to enjoy the city and its surroundings. On the weekends, you can find her pestering her friends to taste the restaurant that has no silverware or to try their hand at ax throwing. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https: //rockinretirement.subst …
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sacramento Daily? Email all inquiries to me at [email protected]