WORLD ART DAY 2022: April 15 is celebrated and observed as World Art Day. The day is celebrated and observed to promote the enjoyment and development of art. World Art Day was announced by the International Association of Fine Arts (IAA), a partner of UNESCO, to promote fine arts and raise awareness of fine arts around the world. The first World Art Day was celebrated and observed in 2012 after the AIA proposed it at the 17th General Assembly in Guadalajara.
The date was chosen to celebrate and honor Leonardo da Vinci’s birthday. The day is also celebrated to raise awareness of the importance of art in an individual’s life and how it helps nurture creativity and innovation, while bringing a sense of cultural diversity to individuals.
Artists come together to share their creativity, knowledge and inspiration while maintaining a supportive environment. The development of art also contributes to developing a free and peaceful world, a world where people can express themselves freely without any fear.
On the occasion of World Art Day, take inspiration from some of these quotes:
1. “No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist” – Oscar Wilde
2. “The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person” – abraham lincoln
3. “The purpose of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inner meaning” – Aristotle
4. “Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable”- Caesar A. Cruz
5. “The essence of all fine art, of all great art, is gratitude” – Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “If I could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint”- Edward Hopper.
7. “If you hear a voice inside you saying ‘you can’t paint,’ then definitely paint, and that voice will be silenced” – Vincent Van Gogh
8. “I learned a long time ago that accomplished people rarely sit down and let things happen to them. They got out there and got things done” – Leonardo DeVinci
Read all the latest IPL 2022 news, breaking news and live updates here.