Here’s a look at the 10 most-read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of January 23-29, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several columns and original features, as well as press releases for events taking place throughout the state and neighboring areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s Top 10 includes articles involving 5 New Jersey counties (Bergen, Essex, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex).
1) Creating art from newspapers every day for 18 years – (MONTCLAIR, NJ) – Physical logs may be part of a dying breed, but they’re still beautiful and awe-inspiring to many. Longtime Montclair resident Peter Jacobs not only loves newspapers, but creates art with them every day. In fact, he created a collage out of daily newspapers every day, non-stop, for almost 18 consecutive years.
2) Peppa Pig’s Adventure is coming to NJPAC — (NEWARK, New Jersey) — Peppa Pig Live! Peppa Pig’s Adventure will introduce the adorable, cheeky little pig to audiences across the United States, with a stop at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark on Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Come join Peppa Pig on an exciting camping trip in the woods with George and his school friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe.
3) Production Assistant Boot Camp will be at Rutgers University on February 5-6 – (PISCATAWAY, NJ) – The NJ Motion Picture and Television Commission invites New Jersey residents interested in pursuing a career in film and television production to apply for the upcoming Production Assistant Bootcamp scheduled for February 5-6 at the Rutgers University at Piscataway.
4) The Russian Ballet Theater brings “Swan Lake” to Newark, Trenton and Sewell in February – The Russian Ballet Theater presents a stunning new production by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Swan Lake to 52 cities across the United States, including four local stops in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Ballet fans will have the unique opportunity to enjoy this update on a classic, with dates set for Sunday, February 13 in Newark at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC); Tuesday, February 15 in Trenton at the Patriots Theater at the War Memorial; Wednesday, February 16 in Sewell, South Jersey at the Investors Bank Performing Arts Center; and on Thursday February 17 in Reading at the Santander Performing Arts Center.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) Flux performs at the Spring 2022 New Jersey Film Festival Opening Screening! – At Clea van der Grijn’s Flux is an experimental short film that premieres at the New Jersey Film Festival on Friday, January 28, 2022. The film explores themes such as death, loss, and the self-reflection that naturally occurs when one is isolated. The background music is in the style of Sean-nós, a traditional Irish a capella style usually performed in the Irish language. This choice of music incorporated Cléa van der Grijn’s Irish heritage into the film and added to its ghostly nature; the slow, controlled voice of the Sean-nós added an element of darkness as well as a spirituality that captures the viewer’s attention. Cléa van der Grijn said she tries to understand the culture of death and loss through her art, and it definitely shows in Flux.
6) Riverside Gallery presents “Movement Recovery” by Tai Woong Kang – (HACKENSACK, NJ) — Solo Art Exhibit by Painter and Teacher Tai Woong Kang Motion Recovery is on view at the Riverside Gallery in Hackensack from January 29 to February 12. The exhibition consists of abstract paintings that explore the original state of humanity in harmony with nature and the cosmos, exposing the mistakes of fast-paced modernity.
7) Go for it! Soundbites from this week…1/27/22 – “hours and money, quips funny Pennington, NJ resident Anita Wise as she explains why she got into acting; “It’s fun, it’s really fun, it’s really fun. No one who knew me growing up expected this to happen.
8) Aferro Gallery to Present Northern New Jersey School Art and Writing Awards – (NEWARK, NJ) — Aferro Gallery and the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers are inviting New Jersey teenagers in grades 7-12 to submit their original work to the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Young artists from Bergen, Essex, Passaic, Hudson, Morris, Sussex, Union and Warren County are invited to participate in the nation’s oldest and most prestigious scholarship and recognition program for creative students. The deadline to apply in the Northern New Jersey Art region is December 18, 2021.
9) The Gallery at Paper Mill hosts the exhibition “Color Abstraction” – (MILLBURN, NJ) – Paper Mill Playhouse has announced the reopening of the redesigned and reinvigorated Paper Mill Gallery in the Renee Foosaner Art Gallery. The inaugural exhibition, Color Abstraction, will run from January 26 to April 24 and will feature three local artists: Dorothy Ganek (South Orange), Calina Hiriza (Millburn) and Jesús Núñez (Millburn).
10) The Princeton Symphony Orchestra will present a brand new outdoor Princeton Festival — (PRINCETON, NJ) — The Princeton Symphony Orchestra (PSO) promises to host a brand new open-air Princeton Festival June 10-25, 2022 with a cohesive campus plan, community cooperation and exciting performers. A group of opera singers are set to embody the comic characters of Scalia/Ginsburg by Derrick Wang and The Impresario by WA Mozart, as well as the opera Albert Herring by Benjamin Britten. Concerts featuring top artists such as Storm Large, the Signum Quartet and baroque ensemble The Sebastians guarantee several evenings of top-notch live music covering a variety of genres past and present.
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion, check out our advertising rates which range from $50 to $100 for a full month of advertising. It’s the best deal around!