1. Van Gogh’s ear at Van Gogh’s Van Gogh’s Restaurant (334 E Commercial St, Springfield) is a delicious Orecchiette pasta with broccoli and smoked sausage, tossed in a lemon, garlic and anchovy sauce with grated Dutch cheese and a pesto finish.
2. Guacamole Norteno at Catrina’s Modern Mexican Restaurant (2925 East Battlefield Rd, Springfield) is loaded with hand mashed avocado, tomatoes, onions, serrano, cilantro, mashed chicharrones, roasted corn, cotija cheese, pickled onion, lime, and salt. Yum!
3. Ahi tuna sandwich at The Derby Deli at the International Wine Center (2023 S Glenstone Avenue, Springfield) is the perfect seafood breakfast sandwich of blackened ahi tuna, mesclun, sliced tomato, avocado, and sweet corn remoulade on an Artisan’s Oven ciabatta.
4. Vespers cocktail at Vantage rooftop lounge (260 E McDaniel St, Springfield) is the perfect cocktail for anyone who loves a good martini. This one is made up of gin, vodka and white Lillet and ends with a zest of lemon. It’s just exceptional.
5. The delicious spicy bun at Niji Sushi Grill (3938 S. Lone Pine Ave, Springfield) is a new favorite. The heat comes from spicy tuna, tempura-fried fresh jalapeno and sriracha.
6. One of the most addictive apps is the asparagus mozzarella and sesame tempura of Haruno (3044 S. Fremont Ave., Springfield). It somehow feels both fresh and indulgent, and we love the avocado dip.
seven. Is it weird to rave about a condiment? We are obsessed with chipotle ketchup of Black sheep burgers and milkshakes (multiple locations). It tastes amazing when you dip their stellar fries in it.